New Year = New You
Do you struggle with what types of foods, how much to eat, and what a good portion size is to control your daily eating and to create lasting results for any season? Then take a look at what Precision Nutrition has come up with to take away the guessing game and move into what to actually do to succeed. St. Pierre and John Berandi created a hand-based model to determine portion sizes, you don’t need a fancy app or calculator to determine what to eat at any given time, you just look at what you have in front of you; two hands!
To determine what your plate should look like, use the following recommendations. If you have big hands, you tend to need more food; if you have small hands, you tend to need less.
- 2 palms of protein dense foods with each meal
- 2 fists of vegetables with each meal
- 2 cupped hands of carb dense foods with most meals
- 2 entire thumbs of fat dense foods with most meals
- 1 palm of protein dense foods with each meal
- 1 fist of vegetables with each meal
- 1 cupped hand of carb dense foods with most meals
1 entire thumb of fat dense foods with most meals